I love, love, love me some Asian Chicken Salad! I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And I have. Now, I’ve made it easier to take my favorite meal on the go by placing it in a wrap.
There are a couple of steps to making this wrap from scratch. You can save time by making the salad and the wrap spread while the chicken is broiling. You can reduce the prep time further by using leftover cooked chicken.
I make the spread for my wraps by mixing yogurt and dressing. It is a flavorful, low-fat substitute for mayonnaise and you can tailor the flavor to match the ingredients.
I use cabbage in my wraps because it stays crisp even if it is soaked in dressing for hours. That means I can pack the wrap in my husband’s lunch the night before and it is still crunchy the next day at lunch time.
- 1 chicken breast or 2 chicken thighs
- 4 large or 6 medium tortillas (I use brown rice wraps to make this gf)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos to make this gf)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons oil ( I used 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder