Updated…This giveaway is now closed. Winners will be announced soon on this post.
WINNERS: Amber, Joanne, Emily, Becca, and Amy! Congrats to you all!
(Emails have been sent!)
I first heard about ZipList months ago. And I knew I would love it instantly!
And I did love it instantly!
I had the opportunity in February to sit down with a group of bloggers and discuss the pros and cons of ZipList, offer suggestions on how to make the product more user friendly and get “the big picture” of what ZipList is all about and how it can help you all in your grocery shopping and organization! One of the many reasons that I ask you all questions here and there on the site is to get to know you, your needs and your shopping strategies. Knowing where you are coming from helps me give input to companies when they ask for it. I don’t want to give them my perspective. I want to give them yours. And that I did!
ZipList is an online tool that contains a large recipe database that you can utilize to make your shopping lists. It’s “the grocery list that’s always with you.” And here’s why…you can add a product to your shopping list from by sending an email to ZipList, by texting the item to your ZipList account, or by adding it from the new ZipList iphone App! (see above)
(That is my phone up there. Doesn’t the app match perfectly with my cover! But that’s not the only reason I love this new app!)
Some of the fabulous features of the new ZipList iPhone App:
- FREE – Yes, please. I don’t pay for apps!
- ADD ITEMS using your Iphone, online at ZipList.com, by text message, email or IM.
- SCAN BARCODES to add items to your lists. Simply scan the barcode for some of your favorite ingredients while you’re in the store to have them added to your list. (This works well for those products you buy every week and are always on your shopping list.)
- AUTO-CATEGORIES – When you add items to the shopping list (e.g., dairy, frozen foods, etc.), they are automatically put into their product category.
- RECIPE DATABASE – The ZipList app enables you to search more than 300,000 recipes from your phone or online, then add all of the ingredients to your shopping list with one click. Plus the app suggests ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. If you do, they are not added to your list. If you don’t, then you just check the ingredient and it is added to your list.
So here’s how it went for me…easy, quick and simple. After loading the app (for free!), with just a few clicks, I was registered. And a few clicks and drags and taps, I chose 4 recipes and added those ingredients that I did not have on hand to my shopping list.
Then I went to check my email. And what do you know. An email from ZipList…and after I completed the “syncing” steps to connect my iPhone information with my online account, what do you know…my shopping list appeared with all the ingredients that I had just added on my iPhone.
So. So. Simple.
Another fantastic feature available only at ZipList is the Recipe Clipper! You can take any recipe from any of your favorite websites (including this one here!), and “clip” it out and paste the Recipe in your Recipe Box on ZipList. You can then add all the ingredients into your shopping list when you want to make that meal. No more forgetting ingredients from that recipe you saw and can’t wait to try!
ZipList has partnered with Blue Avocado to giveaway a Gro-Bag Starter Kit to 5 of you!!! I have one of these bags and it is by far more superior than any of the other reusable bags I own. By far. And I get compliments on it all the time at the store!
So if you’d like to be entered to win a Gro-Bag Starter Kit from Blue Avocado, follow the rules…
1. Contest ends Tuesday, May 4th at 10 pm EST. Winners will be announced back here on this post, and notified via email with further instructions.
2. Entry #1: Leave a comment sharing your favorite feature of the ZipList iPhone app.
5. Winner will be selected by Random.org.
**NOTE: If you receive the email newsletter and wish to enter this giveaway, click here to get to the site and leave a comment on the site with your name and email address to be entered!
*Disclosure: I did receive one of these grocery bags at a recent conference (and love the bag!). I also received compensation for my time in exploring the new app, learning its features and sharing it with you. All else can be learned at my Disclosure page.