We adore meatloaf in this household, but I don’t always have and hour and a half to cook a whole loaf. Enter the mini meatloaves! They cook quickly, crisp all around the edges, and are simply delicious.
The egg in this recipe acts as a binder. It holds the meat together and makes it easier to handle. I’ve made many a meatloaf without eggs and they were none the worse for wear. So if you can’t do eggs, just leave the egg out of this recipe!
- 1 lb Ground Beef or Chuck
- 1 Egg
- 1 Package Crackers, Crushed
- 1 Can Mild Mexican Rotel
- 2 Green Onions, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Ketchup optional
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and have your muffin tin ready.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. If you use your hands (I do), be sure to take off your jewelry beforehand!
- Now we’re essentially going to be rolling large meatballs. Take about ½ a cup of your meat mixture, ball it up, and place it in a muffin tin.
- After all your muffin tins are full wash your hands and then top each one with a little ketchup if you so desire.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the mini loaves are cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans for a lovely, simple supper!
One quick note, this zesty take on meatloaf is a bit on the spicy side. The mashed potatoes help tone down the heat for your tongue!