I <3 egg salad. I really, really <3 egg salad. (I wish that I could include a cute little puffy, pounding heart…because I really like and love egg salad.) If I’m not having a green salad for lunch, chances are I’m having egg salad, on a sandwich or with pita chips.
Well, I recently gave my typical egg salad a makeover by including some horseradish and green onions. It was a “Zest-ify Makeover,” if you will. I really love the extra flavor and spicy pop from the horseradish…DE-lish!
(Also, this is definitely a “to taste” kinda recipe…so depending on how creamy and zesty you want your egg salad, add mayo and horseradish to your liking.)
Give it a whirl next time you’re making egg salad!!!
Zesty Egg Salad
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes to boil, an hour to cool the eggs
- 8 eggs, hard boiled and chilled
- 3-4 Tablespoons mayo (or more if you want it creamier)
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 Tablespoon horseradish sauce (or more if you want it zestier)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pita chips, for serving
- Chop up the hard boiled eggs with a pastry blender , or forks in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the mayo, mustard and horseradish sauce until creamy. Gently stir in the chopped green onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Zesty Egg Salad on pita chips.
- Side dish suggestions: favorite fresh fruit, baby carrots, cucumber slices, or other favorite veggie.