Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas

Chicken and Spinach Queso Quesadillas from 5DollarDinners.com

I love chicken. I love spinach. I love tortillas. And cheese, oh how I love thee.

(I miss cheese. It won’t be long until I get to rekindle my relationship with cheese.  Story is, I suspect Tyler has a dairy intolerance, so I don’t eat much of it these days.)

Chicken and Spinach Queso Quesadillas from 5DollarDinners.com

Put it all together…and droooooolllllll……….

Print This Post

Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas

Yield – 4 servings

Preparation Time – 5 minutes

Cooking Time – 6 minutes

Ingredients

• 1 grilled chicken breast ($.83)
  • 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes ($.75)
  • 2 handfuls baby spinach ($.50)
  • 2 cups shredded quesadilla blend cheese ($1.50)
  • 8 whole wheat tortillas ($1)
  • Sour cream for dipping ($.25)

Directions

• Dice the grilled chicken breast and quarter the cherry or grape tomatoes.
  • In a large mixing bowl, toss the diced chicken, quartered tomatoes, baby spinach and Wisconsin Queso Quesadilla Cheese.
  • Lay out a tortilla on a clean, flat surface and arrange the chicken, spinach and cheese mixture onto the tortilla.

Chicken and Spinach Queso Quesadillas from 5DollarDinners.com

• Add another tortilla to the top of the quesadilla and heat it on a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium high heat for
  • 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until cheese has melted through.
  • Remove quesadilla from the griddle or skillet and cut with a pizza cutter. Let cool slightly before serving. Serve warm.
  • Serve Chicken and Spinach Queso Quesadillas with sour cream for dipping.

Note: In place of the quesadilla cheese, you can use shredded Mexican blend or shredded mozzarella as a substitute.

Cost $4.83

FREE DOWNLOAD! Eight 20-Minute Meal Ideas That Will Help You Survive Chaotic & Busy Weeknights!
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries

Comments

1. Shonda says

Oh, cheese!! I too, have a love affair w/ cheese – every meal and snack usually has cheese in it somehow!! It’s so hard to pick a favorite, but if I must, I will say Colby/Jack because it can be use in almost anything!

2. Shonda says

My favorite quesadilla: I usually keep grilled chicken on hand and like to have it in a flour tortilla w/ spinach, roasted red peppers and a mexi-blend cheese!

3. robyn says

quesadilla…must be on a GF tortilla, corn is my favorite…but i love a spicy chicken quedsadilla with lots of onions, peppers, chilies and LOTS of cheese!

4. Jennifer Mackey says

I like my quesadillas simple: just cheese and tortilla, with sour cream and salsa on the side for dipping!

5. LisaE says

My favorite quasedilla is refried bean and cheese to go along with taco soup on a chilly night.

6. Barbara Young says

My favorite cheese is cheddar.
    My favorite quesadilla has grilled chicken, peppers and onions, and cheddar
    I enjoy your site and its information.

7. katklaw777 says

Fave quesadilla would have to be bacon, apple and cheddar.
    I also add caramelized onions if I have some made up in the fridge.
    That combo is fantastic together.

8. Jayne says

I love all quesadillas! Show me a new recipe and I’ll devour it. Maybe it’s because I love cheese!

9. jenny says

I am a fan of any cheese- apples or crusty bread with brie, this amazing organic creamy white cheddar that makes the best mac and cheese, marscapone added to homemade marinara or risotto to be creamy goodness, a nice bite of sharp cheddar as a snack,,,, oddly enough, despite my (and my hubbys) obvious love affair with cheese, I have one son who detests cheese- for years, he would pull it off pizza… now, after much coaching, we’ve gotten him to at least eat some melted cheeses…

10. jenny says

Best quesadilla: 1-2 Chicken breasts, small dice, cooked with diced peppers and onions and seasoned with chili powder, s&p, cumin, and a little cayenne… mexican blend shredded cheese… the peppers and onions really help extend the chicken- especially with 2 teen boys and a hubby!

11. Rhonda says

My favorite quesadilla: Mexican melting cheese, black bean, caramelized onion on a flour tortilla (homemade, if possible!)

12. Rebecca says

My favorite quesadilla is chicken and cheese, I like steak too. The only thing I wouldn’t like in a quesadilla is mushrooms.

13. Debra says

My daughter’s boyfriend won’t eat anything with cheese in it. Can you imagine?!?!?!? And I gave them a quesadilia maker for Christmas. Lucky me….who lives on cheese….I’m getting it back some day.

14. Mary S says

my favorite quesadilla is beef tips with the white mexican melting cheese with lettuce,guacamole and sour cream.