The first pantry challenge recipe for this month…banana muffins.
With whole wheat flour.
Really, really brown bananas.
And of course, chocolate chips!
Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yield – 12 muffins
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 18-20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 overly ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray 12 regular muffin tins or spray 12 muffin tin paper cups.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the honey, egg, milk and oil. Then stir in the mashed bananas.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into 12 muffin cups and bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly on a cooling rack before devouring.