I did it again this week. Went to Kroger twice.
I don’t know what’s getting into me.
Actually, this weekend I needed diced tomatoes (cause the stockpile’s run dry!) and I needed some for a new recipe I woke up thinking about (will share soon!)…so I stopped in…and found quite a few “manager’s special” items that I also had coupons for…double score. And I used up a few free item coupons I’ve had stashed in my coupon binder for a while now!
- $3.02 – $1 store mailer coupon = $2.02 for organic chicken drumsticks
- $1.79 salad – $.90 store mailer coupon = $.89 salad kit
- $.79 Manager’s Special on oats because the lid was smooshed a bit (but product still sealed!) and used coupon
- $1.19 tomato paste – $1 Muir Glen coupon = $.19 tomato paste!
- $.50 for each tuna packet – Used $1/2 tuna coupon from newspaper
Free: Used free item coupons for 2 broth, tortillas and sausage roll; 2 free Snapple – $.55 coupon here
- $1.79/lb boneless skinless chicken breast; $1.39/lb ground beef; $3.99/lb fresh salmon
- Shredded cheese $1.25/2 cups
- $.50/can Evaporated Milk after sale and coupon
- $1/box granola bars after coupon, sale and store promotion
- Hunts spaghetti sauce (dairy free!) $1 – I prefer homemade, but I’ll be stocking up for “post-baby”…these are on sale into December, so I have plenty of time to stock up!
Free: 2 Reach dental floss on sale for $1 plus $1 coupon in this week’s newspaper
Total spent at Kroger: $15.11 for the top photo, and $50.60 for the bottom photo = $65.71
I also bopped into Walgreens to use up the $4 RR from last week. You can see what I got below. And you can see the details of these deals over here!
Yeah. So the Starbucks Mocha Frapp didn’t last too long!
- $3.99 Toilet Paper – $1 Coupon
- $1.99 Cottonelle – $.50 Coupon (October All You magazine)
- 2 $1.29 Starbucks Frapps – 2 $1 coupons
- 1 $.33 filler candy (because I had 5 coupons and 4 products…I needed a “filler” item to use the Register Rewards coupon)
- Used $4 Register Reward
Total spent at Walgreens: $1.87
I also ordered a jug of Coombs Family Farms 100% Pure Organic Maple Syrup Grade B, 32 Ounce Jug. I’ve been itching to get some maple syrup from the grocery store, but couldn’t bring myself to pay $9 for a 12 oz. bottle! So when The Thrifty Mama shared this fabulous deal last week, I couldn’t pass it up. The jug was on sale for $26, and I used a code (BASCOM35) to get 35% off, and signed up for the “Subscribe and Save” service to get another 15% off. I signed up to get another shipment in 3 months, and I can adjust that time in “my account” at any time. This made the total $13 with no shipping charges because it was eligible for free shipping before the discounts applied! (This offer is valid through October 31st!)
Total for the week: $67.58
Don’t believe these prices??? My grocery store’s ad scan for this week!
Want healthy and inexpensive meal ideas, the hottest coupons and other money saving tips delivered to your inbox??? Sign up for the FREE $5 Dinners Email Newsletter!