An easy peasy vegetarian lasagna!
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- Prince Lasagna Noodles $1.99
- Bag of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (8 oz.) $1.99
- 3 T. Parmesan Cheese .24 cents
- 1 egg .13 cents
- Ricotta cheese (15 oz) $2.39
- Can of plain tomato sauce (28 oz.) $1.19
- 2 organic carrots (grated) .19 cents
- Oregano, basic and garlic powder (from the pantry)
- 1 Loaf of Italian Bread $1.79
- Start boiling the water to cook the noodles. Follow package instructions, or boil on medium for about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water (to cool them off).
- Peel and grate two carrots and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat one egg. Then add the Parmesan and Ricotta cheeses. Mix well. Set aside.
- Take a large, rectangular glass pan. Pour a very small amount of tomato sauce to coat the bottom of the pan. The begin the layering process:
- 1st and 2nd layers – Noodles; Sauce; Ricotta Cheese; Mozzarella Cheese; Repeat.
- 3rd layer – Noodles; Sauce; Ricotta Cheese and then top with all the grated carrots.
- 4th layer – Noodles, Sauce, Ricotta Cheese, Mozzarella cheese
- 5th layer – Noodles; Sauce, Garlic Powder, basic and oregano (as desired); then top with the rest of the Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in Preheated 350 degree oven for around 30 minutes. Allow to cool until warm (not hot) so it is easy to cut. (I use a pizza cutter.)
- Serve with buttered Italian bread.
Total cost $9.91