Tonight’s $5 Dinner comes from Amanda at All Frugal Stuff!
Amanda is a newlywed, a coupon clipper and a freebie lover. She loves to save money any way she can. She enjoys writing articles, book reviews and top ten lists. In her spare time she likes to read, watch movies and search for deals.
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- Large can (32 oz) tomato juice
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 can green beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup uncooked pasta noodles (I like to use penne or ziti)
- Salt & pepper to taste
*Note: A package of frozen mixed vegetables or canned mixed vegetables
could be substituted, instead of fresh ingredients. I’ve also added
ground beef to this recipe before to make vegetable beef soup.
- In a large pot over medium heat, mix all vegetables with tomato juice, cover and allow to simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add pasta to mixture and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes, until pasta is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes.
Estimated cost $3.50