Turkey Wild Rice Soup
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 60 minutes
- 2 cups shredded turkey ($1.88) Used leftover turkey from here
- 3 cups turkey broth + 3 cups water Used homemade broth from here
- 1 onion, finely chopped ($.30)
- 2 celery stalks, diced ($.20)
- 1/2 bag organic baby carrots ($.50)
- 1 cup wild rice/rice mix from Trader Joes ($.75)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes ($1.39)
- In large saucepan, add water and broth. Add diced or shredded cooked turkey. Add chopped onion and chopped celery.
- Cut baby carrots in half and add to soup. Add 1 cup of wild rice mix to soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slit sweet potatoes with knife or vent with fork. Bake sweet potatoes at 350 for 1 hour in baking dish with 1/4 inch water. Cover with foil. Remove and let cool about 10 minutes. Peel skins off of the potato and mash. Serve with cinnamon and butter if you like. We eat them “plain”.
- Eat warm delicious soup with a side of sweet potato!