Looking for another great way to use up your leftover turkey?
Honestly, I wouldn’t have thought to do turkey on salad. Not sure why…because I love chicken on salads! And cranberries and walnuts on salad is a sure favorite of mine. So combine them all together, and it’s sure to be a winner!
I typically think of heavy casseroles and dishes for turkey leftovers, so I really appreciate this much “lighter” meal! A winning salad for using up leftover turkey!
My favorite part of this salad…besides the great combinations of flavors and textures on the salad…the sweet and tangy dressing!!!
Turkey & Cranberry Encore Salad
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 2/3 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce, whole or jellied
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 10-14 ounce bag of mixed greens
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced or shredded
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional, but I included them when I made the salad!)
- In small sealable container, add the Carnation Evaporated Milk, cranberry sauce and Italian dressing and shake vigorously. For a smoother dressing, blend together.
- In large serving bowl, toss the mixed greens, cooked turkey, blue cheese, dried cranberries and chopped walnuts together.
- Drizzle dressing over the top.
- Enjoy your leftover turkey and cranberry sauce in this light meal!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk. I did receive compensation for the ingredients purchased to make and review this meal, as well as for my time in preparing the recipe. Opinions are my own. You can read the full disclosure policy for $5 Dinners here.
Photo from Very Best Baking.com