Here’s a delicious appetizer or lunch idea that is also perfect for football season!
These pinwheels are fabulous because you can change up the color of the peppers to “match” those of your favorite team. Those pictured above would work perfectly for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Use all red peppers if you are rooting for the Arizona Cardinals or orange peppers if you are a Cincinnati Bengals fan! Get creative and show off your team spirit!
Turkey and Pepper Pinwheels
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 burrito-size whole wheat tortillas
- Sliced deli meat – turkey, ham or chicken
- Red, yellow or green peppers, seeded and sliced
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream. Mix in the dill, garlic powder, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in a thick layer over the tortilla. Add the sliced deli meat and sliced peppers and roll up the tortilla. The cream cheese will help it stick together.
- Slice the rolled tortilla in half-inch slices and serve chilled.
- If you are preparing ahead of time, keep chilled under plastic wrap until time to serve.
Recipe originally posted on SCJohnson.com.