Tropical Island – What Kitchen Utensil Would You Take…

I had so much fun reading what foods you all would take with you on a tropical island, I thought I’d turn this into a mini-series…

If you were going to be shipped off to an undisclosed location that looks like the above picture and could only bring 1 kitchen utensil, what would you take with you?!?

Me. I would take my garlic press.  I use. it. all. the. time.

What about you?!?  What kitchen utensil could you not live without???

(And again. Don’t overthink this!)

Comments

1. Nicole says

Santuko knife – totally agree Jen, and I use it so much I just wash it right away when I’m done with it now… saves looking for it in the dirty pile!

2. Jennifer says

I love this question! I would definitely take a silicone spatula. Spatulas are the greatest invention known to man, and if it is made of silicone I can use it to stir things while they are cooking because silicone won’t be damaged by the heat.

3. bridget says

We have a forever sharp that my husband got suckered into buying over christmas but it really is the best kitchen utinsil

4. Allison says

Tongs, for sure!

Next question should be small appliance b/c I already have an answer for that 😉

Well, since I’m taking ice cream, I should probably take an ice cream scoop. But aside from that … I think my favorite utensil is a knife with a 5″ blade. It’s probably the only tool I use every single day.

6. MaryAgnes Ash says

I think it would have to be my knife that I don’t allow any of my nieces or nephews to touch.

7. Tara says

I’m torn between an 8″ knife or a cast iron skillet. I really love my skillets…it would probably be the one item I would take. But a skillet isn’t a utensil!

• Barbara says

Believe it or not, I keep a “Swiss Army” style survival knife in my kitchen gadget drawer. It can do almost any thing except hammer – haven’t needed to try that, but since it is all steel, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on the island!

8. Julianne says

A knife would be the obvious choice, but I love my microplane grater. Add a little fresh garlic to almost anything. Also good for parmesan and nutmeg.

Trackbacks