I’m always looking for frugal and easy ways to feed my family of seven. And, quite honestly, I look to the slow cooker often just so I won’t have to mess with fixing anything during those busy evening hours.
This is a variation of the three packet slow cooker roast  because all I had on hand was the one packet of ranch dressing mix. I also added some freshly chopped onion.
Slow Cooker Ranch Packet Roast
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 6-8 hours
- 3 lb boneless beef roast
- (1) 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup (or make your own homemade cream of mushroom soup !)
- (1) 1 ounce package ranch dressing mix (or use your own ranch dressing mix !)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle package of ranch dressing mix and chopped onion over top of roast. Add cream of chicken soup.
- Cook on low approximately 6-8 hours.