Truly the easiest way I have found to feed my family of seven is to put the slow cooker to work for me. Whether I am out for the day or busy with homeschooling our age range, I can serve up slow cooker deliciosity.
My slow cooker history will prove my love:
- A few of my slow cooker recipes here on $5 Dinners. Chicken, steak, hummus, yogurt and more.
- We enjoy Erin’s Slow Cooker Chicken and Cornbread Dumplings about once a month.
- Batch Cooking – from meat to beans, I use the slow cooker to sock away main ingredients for busy weeknights.
- Fast Food for Slow Sundays – there are always hungry tummies when we come piling in from church on Sunday. The slow cooker has our meal ready for us. On Saturdays I share slow cooker recipes – easy for Sundays or weeknights.
Plus here’s a slow cooker recipe for Cranberry Chicken. Just two ingredients…
Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken
Adapted and doubled for our crew from Hillbilly Housewife
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 4-5 hours
- 2 cans cranberry sauce
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Put cans of cranberry sauce over chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.