Potatoes are filling and frugal. Plus, a potato salad can be pretty and spring-like! Potato salad can take you right on through summer, in fact. My basic recipe can be tweaked to your tastes. You could use a purple onion just because it looks great. Sour cream is also a simple substitute for the mayo and mustard. Make it yours – but make it often!
Basic Potato Salad
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time – 60 minutes
- 6-8 baking potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cubed sweet or dill pickles
- 2 boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- approximately 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- approximately 1/8 cup mustard
- bacon bits, optional
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Mix together remaining ingredients.
- Adjust mayo and mustard to taste.