- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Tomato and Olive Pizza
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On September 29, 2009 @ 6:36 pm In Garden,Pizza,Recipes,vegetarian | 6 Comments
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp warm water
1 tsp olive oil ($.03)
1 cup whole wheat flour ($.20)
2 cups white flour ($.28)
1 packet or 1 Tbsp yeast ($.25)
1 tsp sugar ($.02)
1 tsp Italian seasonings ($.05)
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing ($.10) If I had to do this meal again, I’d have used a Greek vinaigrette instead!
3 Roma and 1 Heirloom tomato (from the garden)
1/2 cup diced green olives ($.50) Manager’s Special!!!
2 cups mozzarella cheese ($1.25) My store regularly has shredded cheese on sale for $1.25/2 cups.
2 Gala apples, cut into slices ($.50) On sale for $.50/lb. this week!
1. Prepare dough in bread machine, by adding the water, olive oil, flours, yeast, sugar and seasonings in that order to the bread machine. Set cycle to dough.
2. Slice tomatoes and olives.
3. Knead and roll dough out and place onto pizza baking stone or pizza baking sheet. Top with Italian (or Greek vinaigrette) salad dressing. Place tomatoes and olives around the pizza. Top with mozzarella cheese. (Note: I left a small portion of the pizza cheeseless and the boys at the crust and tomatoes.)
4. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes, or until dough has cooked through and cheese begins to golden on top.
5. Serve Tomato and Olive Pizza with Sliced Apples.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/tomato-and-olive-pizza/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.