Wanting to kick the year off as best I could on the grocery front. Because my husband was home on Monday, I decided to “shop around.” I went to Meijer and Aldi on Monday. Then to Kroger on Tuesday.
My grocery goal for the year will be $80-$90 per week. Some weeks it will be more, depending the meat sales and stock-up times. Other weeks, it will be less…for pantry challenges, clearing out the freezer, etc. But on average, I’m going for $80ish per week.
- FREE Toothpaste – $1 sale with
- FREE Tomatoes – $1 sale with this coupon
- $1 lettuce, $1 carrots (3 lbs), $1 cucumber (Cheap salad lunches for me this week!)
- $.50 blackberries
- $.67 frozen spinach – $.99 sale, used $.60/3 newspaper coupon that double
- $.94 Red Gold crushed tomatoes (28 oz.), to use for homemade spaghetti sauce or chili
- $1.05 Thai coconut milk cans – On sale for $1.55 each, used $1/2 manufacturers coupon
- $3.99 for 1 lb tilapia fillets
Total spent at Meijer: $22.52
- $.39 yogurt
- $.29 t0mato sauce
- $.99 canned pumpkin (because I’m out!)
- $1.19 corn tortillas, pack of 30
- $1.99 pineapple
- $1.29 cabbage
- $3.29 string cheese (for my husband’s lunches!)
Total spent at Aldi: $10.79
- $1.99 Kashi cereals -> free gallon of milk ($1 coupons here)
- $1.50 berries, $2 sale, used 2 $1/2 store issued coupons
- $.99 avocados
- $1.50 cantaloupe
- $3.29 oranges (my kids eat these like candy!)
- $2.99/lb chuck roast
- 2 $2.50 BE sausage – $3 sale with $1/2 coupon
- $1.25 veggie tray…snacks and lunches!
Total spent at Kroger: $67.42
Total for this week: $100.73ght
Thanks to Andrea at Savings Lifestyle and Marcy at Stretching a Buck for posting the best deals and coupon matchups at my stores each week! Find the coupon match-ups for your grocery store at The Frugal Map!