- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Thai Chicken Pizza – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On March 26, 2012 @ 6:00 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,Pizza,Recipes | 10 Comments
I had all kinds of grand intentions of getting this recipe posted on Friday…but that just didn’t happen! After getting home from the Atlanta Savings Nation class (which was AMAZING folks!…you have got to go to one if it comes to your area!), I took the boys down to Cincinnati to the Lego Kidsfest on Friday night. Let’s just say that they were in little boy heaven. The tickets were a little pricey for my taste, but after being there and seeing the glee and joy on their little faces I’ve decided that it was worth every penny!
And when I asked Charlie what he’d like to do for his birthday party in a few weeks…what does he want? A Lego party!
So I was able to finally make this Thai Chicken pizza this weekend…great bold flavors on a soft, homemade pizza crust. Perfect for a Saturday dinner at home!
Hope you enjoy it!
Thai Chicken Pizza
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes in oven plus homemade crust time
- 1 homemade pizza crust recipe  ($.96)
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast ($1.50)
- 1 tsp olive oil ($.01)
- 1 tsp curry powder ($.10)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce ($.50)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese ($1.25)
- 1/2 red pepper, diced ($.67) On sale last week for $1.25 each
- 1 small red onion, diced ($.40)
- 3 cilantro bunches, chopped ($.25)
- Baby carrots or other fresh fruit or veggies ($.75)
- Prepare homemade pizza crust.
- In a small bowl, toss the shredded chicken with the olive oil and curry powder.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Roll out the pizza dough, top with sauce and shredded cheese. Then add the curried chicken, red pepper and red onion. Then sprinkle the cilantro leaves over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until crust is done in the center.
- Prep veggies or fruit.
- Serve Thai Chicken Pizza with fruit and veggies.
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here . To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/thai-chicken-pizza-5-dinner-challenge/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 homemade pizza crust recipe: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2012/03/homemade-pizza-crust-recipe.html
 here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/01/5-dinner-challenge.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.