Fakeout-Takeout Straight Outta the Freezer!
This is super delicious and freezes and thaws beautifully. The steak strips soak in the teriyaki sauce while it thaws, infusing all the delicious flavors deep into the meat. Stir-fry and drop over some rice — amazing and simple weeknight dinner.
Pro Freezer Cooking Tip: Get the steak that is pre-cut into strips at the grocery store. “Beef for Stir-fry” is how my store labels the package. You could purchase a sirloin steak and slice it yourself (across the grain!!!), but that’s an extra step that isn’t necessary. When you’re putting together 10-20 freezer meals at once, you want it to be fast and smooth – and pre-sliced meat helps with that!
And I love sesame seeds, so I’m always dousing my homemade-fakeout-takeout with sesame seeds!
Teriyaki Beef & Veggie Stirfry
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. sirloin steak
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (use gluten free sauce, if needed)
- 16 oz. bag frozen Asian-style veggies
- 1 cup brown rice, as side dish
- Sesame seeds, as garnish, optional
- Thinly slice the sirloin steak, slicing across the grain of the meat.
- Cook rice, as directed.
- Heat the canola oil over high heat in large skillet or wok. Add the beef slices and brown on all sides, tossing often. Stir in the teriyaki sauce and saute over high heat for 5 minutes. Add the frozen veggies and saute for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until beef is cooked through and veggies are softened.
- Serve Teriyaki Beef & Veggie Stir-fry over rice with optional sesame seed garnish.
- To Freeze: Add all ingredients (not including sides or garnishes) into plastic baggie. Freeze up to 6 months in fridge freezer or 1 year in deep freezer. Thaw completely before stir-frying.
Pin all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for FreezEasy Meal Supplies:
- Freezer Bags, gallon size
- Freezer Bags, 2 gallon size
- Disposable 9×5 Loaf Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer Safe/Oven Safe Loaf Pans
- Disposable 9×13 Aluminum Foil Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer/Oven Safe 9×13 Pan (I’d recommend using a baking sheet with this one when cooking!)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Melamine Mixing Bowls with pouring spout, 3 ct. set (3 qt., 2 qt., and 1 1/2 qt.)
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
See all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #37.