- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Taco-dillas – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On August 29, 2011 @ 5:30 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,Beans,Beef,Recipes | 14 Comments
Last Thursday was “Taco Night” at our house. (And turns out, it was at many of your houses , as well!) I made a double batch of my favorite taco meat …thinking I’d freeze some to have another taco night next month.
Instead, I ended up “repurposing” the taco meat into quesadillas last night! Steve and I had the cheesy quesadillas dipped in sour cream…and the boys had “taco roll-ups.” I just rolled the taco meat up burrito style and then I challenged them to not let any of the taco meat fall out.
There were subsequently quite a few giggles at the dinner table last night!
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 to 10 minutes
- 6 soft taco size whole wheat tortillas ($.73)
- 2 cups leftover taco meat  ($2)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese ($1.25)
- Sour cream for dipping ($.20)
- 4 corn cobs ($1)
- Lay each tortilla flat on a clean surface.
- In a bowl, combine the taco meat and cheese. Place the mixture onto half part of each tortilla. Fold the tortilla over and then warm the griddle, skillet or whatever contraption you have to make the quesadillas.
- On a griddle or in large skillet, cook the quesadillas for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Press down with large spatula to get to “stick together.” Or use a panini press, waffle iron or quesadilla maker.
- Slice into smaller wedges with pizza slicer.
- Boil or microwave corn cobs.
- Serve Taco Quesadillas with sour cream and corn cobs.
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here . To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/taco-quesadillas/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 it was at many of your houses: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150296184923001&set=a.203349058000.129768.161248558000&type=1&theater
 my favorite taco meat: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/03/stretching-protein-dinner.html
 here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/01/5-dinner-challenge.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.