A spicy twist on a Kid Favorite!
Taco Macaroni and Cheese
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
- 16 oz elbow macaroni ($.99)
- 1/2 lb ground beef ($.85)
- 1/2 chopped onion ($.30)
- 1 small can tomato sauce (+ can worth water) ($.33)
- 1 small can Rotel with green chiles ($.62)
- 1-2 cloves garlic ($.10)
- 1/4 cup milk ($.10)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spices: cilantro, cayenne, cumin, whatever you wish!
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ($.85)
- Fresh Fruit: Peach, Watermelon, Canteloupe ($.75)
- Cook pasta as directed. Brown ground beef with onion (or use leftovers from spaghetti or other meal!) and drain. Put back in skillet and add tomato sauce and Rotel, milk, garlic and spices. Serve warm topped with melted cheese!
- I like to eat sweet fruit with zippy and spicy dishes!