I doubled this meal and then froze it in 2 parts: Few dinner portions without cheese. Another few portions with cheese.
After seeing the pasta box on the counter, my oldest asked, “Are we having macaroni for dinner?”
I replied, “Yeah, but this is Taco Macaroni.”
To which he responded, “Yum. Tac-aroni!”
Not sure how to pronounce this…Listen below.
Little stinker…trying to tell you we were having spinach!
*Note: Recipe below is for a single meal. I doubled the below recipe to have enough to freeze.
Adapted from: Taco Mac recipe from Stolen Moments Cooking “as is”…meaning no modifications, other than no cheese for the boys! Great meal Kate!!!
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 45 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 T. cumin
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 lb. elbow macaroni Use rice pasta for a gluten-free meal!
- 1 1/2 c. beef stock or broth
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 c. frozen corn
- 1 c. shredded cheese
- 2 cups frozen greens beans
- Brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Stir in seasonings.
- Add noodles, stock, tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes to the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cover skillet and simmer, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Stir in corn until heated through. Top with cheese and serve.
- Cook green beans as indicated by package instructions.
- Serve Tac-aroni with Green Beans.