- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Sweet Balsamic Tilapia – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On September 27, 2010 @ 5:43 pm In Dairy Free,Fish,Gluten Free,Recipes,Slow Cooker | 17 Comments
Love. Love. I’m in love.
For several reasons.
So that’s why I (and a few others) love this meal.
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar ($.05)
1 tsp brown sugar ($.01)
Salt and pepper
4 frozen tilapia fillets ($2.99)
1 1/2 cup brown rice ($.60)
1 acorn squash ($.99)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened ($.40)
1/4 cup honey ($.40)
Dash of cinnamon and ginger ($.05)
1. In a small bowl, whisk or stir the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar with a few dashes of salt and pepper.
2. Place the thawed fish fillets onto a piece of foil that is large enough to wrap completely around the fish. Pour the sweet balsamic sauce evenly over the fish fillets and then wrap the foil tightly around fish.
3. Place the foil packets in the base of the slow cooker and set on low and cook for 2-4 hours. Fish will be white and flaky when it is cooked.
4. Cook the rice as directed on the package.
5. Make Honey Roasted Acorn Squash .
6. Serve Sweet Balsamic Tilapia with Brown Rice and Honey Roasted Acorn Squash.
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here . To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/sweet-balsamic-tilapia/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Honey Roasted Acorn Squash: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/10/honey-roasted-acorn-squash-and-chicken.html
 here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/01/5-dinner-challenge.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.