- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Stuffed “Q Balls”
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On September 4, 2009 @ 5:33 pm In Beef,Garden,Pasta,Recipes | 8 Comments
I came across these funky little vegetables called “Q Balls”. They are a small round zucchini-like vegetable. And it seemed only fitting to scoop out the seeds and stuff them! I combined the leftover beef and zucchini mixture with some bread, seasonings, cheese (for the adults) and stuffed. And then baked!
4 “Q Balls” or small zucchini ($2) From the farmer’s market $.50 each…more details on that adventure next week!
Leftover Beef and Zucchini mixture ($1.25)
2 heels from the bread loaf ($.05)
1 green tomato (from the garden) I thought this would give it a nice tangy taste!
1 tsp Italian seasoning ($.05)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese ($.15)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ($.20) On sale with Kroger mailer coupon!
2 large heads broccoli ($.74) On sale this week
Leftover pasta from Tuesday ($.50)
1. Cut off tops of “Q Balls” and scoop out the insides.
2. Combine ground beef/zucchini mixture with bread cubes, diced green tomato, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese (omit if dairy free!). Stuff into “Q balls”. Over stuff, as it will shrink some when baking.
3. Place in glass baking dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Add mozzarella cheese to the tops and bake another 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
4. Steam broccoli in stovetop steamer, or in microwavable bowl covered with plastic for 4-5 minutes.
5. Serve Stuffed “Q Balls” with Steamed Broccoli and Pasta.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/stuffed-q-balls/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 leftover beef and zucchini mixture : http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/09/beef-and-zucchini-tacos.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.