- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On July 7, 2010 @ 5:54 pm In Beef,Gluten Free,Recipes,rice | 7 Comments
(Sorry about the funny photos this week…I posted them from our desktop and it does weird things to them?!)
Here’s what I love about this recipe. You can make a ton of the “filling” and use it so many different ways! The recipe for the filling that I will post below will easily stretch into 3 meals! You could…
You could also freeze the unused portion and make any of the above items at a later time!
Versatility. At it’s best!!!
1 1/3 lb. ground beef or chuck ($1.93)
1 1/2 cup rice ($.60)
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained ($.19) Sale, store promotion and coupon
1 6 oz can tomato paste ($.19) Used $1/1 coupon
1 cup frozen corn ($.40) Sale price of $.88/bag
3-4 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning ($.10) Depending on how much kick you want!
Salt and pepper to taste
2 poblano peppers, seeded and halved ($1) (4 if making for 4 adults…I know the kids wouldn’t go for the spice.)
1-2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese ($1.50)
Side salad with lettuce from the garden and homemade dressing ($.25)
1. Prepare filling: Brown the ground beef in a large skillet, drain and return to skillet. Stir in the rice with 3 1/2 cups of water. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and frozen corn. Stir together and bring to a boil. Then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the rise is done. Continue cooking to let any extra liquid cook off. Once it reaches the desired consistency, spoon into open peppers.
2. Top the stuffed peppers with some shredded Mexican cheese and bake at 400 for about 10 minutes, until cheese has melted and peppers begin to soften.
3. Serve Stuffed Poblano Peppers with side salad.
4. Save or freeze leftovers for a “repurposed meal” a few days later.
Cost $6.56 (including the filling for 2 other meals!)
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/stuffed-poblano-peppers/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.