Our family is currently obsessing over these “oatmeal cookies.” I love how easy they are to put together. And they turn out so perfectly. They kinda remind me of drop biscuits in the way that you drop the dough on and they stay nice and rounded and ‘fluffy.’ But they are sweet enough to be cookies. (And Strawberry Oatmeal Drop Biscuits doesn’t quite convey the right amount of delicious and sweet!)
So…Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies.
The bomb…try them. Soon!!!
Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies
Yield – 1 dozen servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 16 minutes
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the oatmeal, flour and baking powder. Add in the softened butter, egg, vanilla and honey, mixing well.
- Slowly fold in the diced strawberries.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop to place the dough about 2″ a part on a baking sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until cookies are done.
- Serve Strawberry Oatmeal cookies for a delicious afternoon snack!