Free Printable Planners

Grocery Lists

Grocery Shopping List with Meal Plan and Expense Tracking – Write you grocery list right next to your meal plan…and keep track of your estimated and actual spending as well.

Grocery Shopping List by Category – Make your shopping list with the printable template divided into the most common product categories.

Menu Planning Templates

Monthly Meal Planner – Make out a month long plan for your menus based on what you have stocked up in your freezer, pantry and fridge.

Weekly Meal Planner – Write up your weekly meal plan for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.

Gluten Free Meal Plan

Gluten Free Monthly Meal Plan – print out a calendar with a month’s worth of gluten free recipes and meal ideas, each with “clickable” links  back to the original recipes

Shopping Lists - get the accompanying shopping lists for the gluten free monthly meal plan.

Pantry Staples

Pantry Staples List – Stock your pantry with the items on this list and you’ll be minutes away from the Pantry Staples Meals (link below)

Printable Recipe Cards for Pantry Staples Recipe List – Get the Recipe Cards for the 10 winning Pantry Staples Recipes

Gardening Planners and Templates

Garden Planner 2010 – Includes column for the seeds you have to plant, the date you wish to plant them, and the anticipated harvest time frame

Square Foot Gardening Planner – Includes a 4×4 grid to plan your SFG layout. Enough space to include the plant name, plant date and how many plants per square; plus a notes area

Container Gardening Planner – Includes space for large, medium, small and rectangular pots. Enough space to include plant name, plant date and number of plants per pot; plus a notes area

Garden Harvest Planner - Includes column for harvest date and what fruits or vegetables you harvested that date

Simply click on the link of the planner that you wish to download and the .pdf will be pop up for you to print!

Lynn April 28, 2010 at 9:54 am

This is great! Thanks for the easy access to all of these great tools.
FYI, the link for the monthly meal planner takes you to the grocery list.

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom April 28, 2010 at 12:30 pm

@Lynn,

Sorry about that! I’ve fixed the link :)

Bridgett April 28, 2010 at 9:59 am

Just so you know, your monthly meal planner link is the same template for the grocery shopping list.
Thanks for these. How funny that I do my weekly list in the same layout already. I guess great minds think a like. :)

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom April 28, 2010 at 12:30 pm

@Bridgett,

Sorry about that! I’ve fixed the link :)

Heather Stokes April 28, 2010 at 10:33 am

This is WONDERFUL!
Thank you so much for sharing…just a heads up the monthly meal planner comes up as the grocery list. ; )

Heather Stokes April 28, 2010 at 10:34 am

@Heather Stokes,

Duh – Guess I should have read everyone’s posts first. lol

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom April 28, 2010 at 12:31 pm

@Heather Stokes,

All fixed now! THanks!

Heather April 28, 2010 at 11:41 am

i LOVE the grocery list broken down into category! just want i needed!

Nae April 28, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Thanks for the printables. Could you add the pantry staples to the list as well? It’s not a planner exactly but it is a helpful resource.
thanks.

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom April 28, 2010 at 4:55 pm

@Nae,

Absolutely! I’ll add it later this evening.

Erin

Kathryn Harris June 7, 2010 at 10:25 am

@Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom, Did the pantry list get added because I was looking for it but can’t find it. I would love to have that list.

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom June 8, 2010 at 1:11 pm

@Kathryn Harris,

Yes, it has been added to the list!

Tammy July 4, 2010 at 8:50 am

The Pantry List actually shows the Recipe cards not the pantry list.

Amie April 28, 2010 at 3:36 pm

This is awesome – thanks! Can you tell me what “recipe location” means on your Monthly Meal Planner?

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom April 28, 2010 at 4:56 pm

@Amie,

Just a space for you to jot where you saw the recuoe…website, book, etc

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom April 28, 2010 at 4:57 pm

@Amie,

That should read recipe! Typing with Tyler on my lap is not a good idea!!!

Bonnie April 28, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Thanks for all your hard work, it will be a real big help!

Lori April 28, 2010 at 9:30 pm

OMG, I started using your Meal Plan before I went to the grocery store and I took off $60 from our weekly grocery shopping, I am tickled *pink*

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom April 29, 2010 at 11:25 am

@Lori,

Hooray Lori!

LisaE May 9, 2010 at 9:53 pm

I printed the grocery shopping and meal planning list this weekend and made my shopping list from the store sale flier, unfortunately, I spent more money than intended because they had a bagged pork sale going on and picked one up, plus a couple other deals too good to pass up. However, I have never “meal planned” before and let my 2 girls help in figuring out what we wanted to eat this week and it sure has given me peace of mind to know exactly what to make each night. I loved having my meal plan and shopping list all in one place….thanks so much for this, it really has helped!

Kelly Summers May 15, 2010 at 5:54 am

thanks!!! these are great!

Kathie June 9, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Thanks , this is very useful!

Alexis June 9, 2010 at 10:02 pm

New to this and trying! Tomorrow will be my first attempt at coupon shopping.

Your pantry staples list goes to your recipe cards. Is this supposed to be? Or is it supposed to go to an actual list of supplies? :)

Laura June 14, 2010 at 11:24 am

I love your site. It is so helpful. I just want to let you know that the pantry staples list is linked to the pantry staples recipes.

Chele' June 14, 2010 at 11:40 am

Hi.

I came looking for the pantry staples list (it’s an area I still need to tweak) but that link leads to the printable recipe cards. Just thought you should know.

<3<3

Sarah June 16, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I also was looking for the pantry staples list…but the link is only the recipe cards.

kim June 16, 2010 at 5:32 pm

hi
first off what a wonderful site you have here, with soo many great ideas!! and wanted to let you know that the pantry staple list links to the pantry recipe card :( please fix.
thanks a ton

Elizabeth Knight June 26, 2010 at 1:17 am

I’m also looking for the pantry staples list. Could you please fix the link? Thanks.

Anjanette July 7, 2010 at 10:38 am

I know that others have commented, just letting you know that the links are still the same for the recipe cards and pantry list – they both still go to the cards.

Erin Wojcicki July 15, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Hi!
I am trying to print the Pantry staples list and every time I click on that, it sends me to the recipe cards instead. My main problem with meal planning is that I never have the ingredients I need and want on hand. Can someone help?! Thanks a ton!

Erin Wojcicki July 15, 2010 at 4:22 pm

@Erin Wojcicki, LOL! I didn’t realize all of you were having the same problem…

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom July 15, 2010 at 4:35 pm

I shall fix it shortly! Sorry!

Diana July 17, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I use the printable meal planner every month!! :) It’s a lifesaver!

Gail Becker August 13, 2010 at 4:15 am

I love all your printables! They help make shopping & cooking much easier!

Sarah August 23, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I love the new look, very nice and friendly! You are awesome to share all this great info!!
Have a great day and God bless you and your helpers!!!

susan September 9, 2010 at 8:59 pm

just wondering if you have a ‘never pay more than’ list available to post as well? i have JUST started using these meals and am on a mission! thank you, thank you, thank you! may God bless all your endeavors!!!

Sweet T October 5, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Here is a wonderful & really good looking menu-planner template, that’s free to download, that just about anyone would be PROUD to hang on their fridge:

With an inexpensive picture frame, you can even make it into a dry-erase version like this adorable one!

Mellanie October 14, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Wonderful tools. Thank you sooooo very much. Helped me save $30 a week.

Jessica October 26, 2010 at 11:53 am

Wow! These are GREAT printables!!! Thanks!

Susan October 30, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Thanks so much for this! With the deployment starting, I’m going from weekly meal plans to monthly, so this will be great!!

Erin November 1, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Where is the freezer staple one? Didn’t you do one of those?

Kat November 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Thank you for your great website! I usually come here to print off the grocery/shopping list by category but i can’t find it on your website…has it been removed? Thank you! Kat

Rosanne November 6, 2010 at 11:11 am

I LOVE the printable grocery planner for shopping by category. But for some reason, when I click on that link, the other one(for grocery shopping with cost and coupon tracking) comes up. Is anyone else having that same problem?

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom November 6, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Looking into it Rosanne!

Christan/MamaBearPing November 19, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Erin, I had not looked at your printables until now. OMG, girl, you’ve done all the work for me. I’ll talk to you when I see you next week, but I have a really great idea for something. I want to know your professional opinion on it . . . and these planners will help with it.

Also, excited to see planners for square foot gardening. Just checked that out at the library. I need to settle down and dive into it.

Mary January 12, 2011 at 9:43 am

Thank you so much for the planners, I have seen so many and most of them are just to hard to use and stick with over time. Due to some major life changes I’m going to start using you meal planners but will be shopping from my pantry for a while. I have an over abundance of some food items and a shortage of others and I want to balance it out. God bless you for all that you are doing and for keeping it free.

Becca January 22, 2011 at 11:51 am

THANK YOU so much for providing these for free.. there are websites that charge for templates like this. Is there a way to type right onto them and save them, or are they just for printing out?

Mary Mondientz January 27, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I teach Foods in the Home Economics Dept. at Buchanan High School in Clovis, CA.

Becky February 28, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Hello! Just found your website and man do i LOVE it!!!! I just wanted to let you know that your weekly menu planner says Monthly on it. I can’t wait to print it off! Thanks so much!

Linda May 6, 2011 at 1:02 pm

the .pdf for the weekly menu is titled MONTHLY menu… Not a big deal, but still it is a thing that would probably be easily fixed.

We are your proofreaders. I know I have to have my husband proofread ANYTHING I write!

Thanks for ALL the good stuff you have posted on your website! It is so helpful!

Linda

jeanette May 24, 2011 at 6:07 am

Great.

cooker May 27, 2011 at 11:10 am

Hi, Thanks so much for this site, I saw you on the view today and looked your site up…it is great, so much info and it is free, you don’t get too oftern anymore.. thanks

judy hayes July 28, 2011 at 6:39 pm

love all yourr tips.. I keep saying that I can do meal planning but I can only do it so long and then I have to start myself all over again. Any advice would be so helpful.
Thank you for all you do on your website.

Kelly August 7, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Can you make these into an iphone app?? LOL! I’d pay for that app! I’m spoiled with my iphone and hate to carry paper now!

Theresa August 7, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I…love…you!
When this camp up on my facebook feed I almost cried a little! I have been trying to design one. Last night I got frustrated and thought I will do it tomorrow! And here it is! LOVE!!!!

Jeff Baldwin August 12, 2011 at 11:13 am

Just printed off a grocery list with meal planner. This will help us out a bunch. Thanks!

Jenni Martz August 19, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Erin,
I just wanted to say thanks. I found your site and really took the time to look through all the useful tools, advice etc. I already planned my entire next week’s shopping trip around recipes I pulled from your site and laid out my next container garden…yeah! So well laid out and really easy to understand and navigate…somehow you even made it FUN:) As a work from home mom I so appreciate you taking the leg work out of what normally would take me hours and hours. You have a NEW BIG FAN! Thanks again……Jenni

claire October 23, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I printed the weekly menu planner and it says “Monthly” menu planner on it.

Claire January 14, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Still says Monthly for the weekly meal planner when I print it out.

Patricia December 9, 2011 at 9:10 pm

A template that would come in Handy would be a School Meal Planner. Most schools have a break, then lunch then a second break then home. I’m trying to teach my friend how to budget her money and only spend a certin amount per child per meal however she keeps buying what the children like and she sends way too much food for the children. When I see what comes back in the childrens lunch pails it’s sad. Then she throws it away, saying she can’t re-use the yoghurt because it’s been at room temperature all day and the crackers will be stale by now even though they were packaged. Her kids turn their noses up at more food then they eat it’s crazy and she accepts it. I think if she saw this and had it written down it would be easier. I tried to make a template but had difficulties yours are excellent I’m hoping you can solve this issue

please and thank you

Patricia Wright

Kim Jenkins Sunarjo December 25, 2011 at 8:27 pm

love the menu and shopping list planner. are you going to develop an app for android?

Amber January 1, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Thank you so much for providing these! One small favor to ease my o.c. self, the weekly menu planner says monthly menu planner at the top. Is there a way to fix that? Thank you :-)

Tina January 8, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Thank you so much!! These planners are great!

Frazzled Mom February 28, 2012 at 11:48 am

Erin – I just love the Square Foot Garden planners. They are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing! I’m just getting into Square Foot Gardening myself. In fact, I just posted a entry on my blog about the actual cost of starting a Square Foot Garden http://frazzledmomparty.blogspot.com/2012/02/breakdown-of-cost-for-square-foot.html

Sarah May 6, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Yea! A pantry list that is simple but vital. LOVE THIS. THanks!