- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Yellow Summer Squash Steam Sauteed
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On July 16, 2010 @ 3:29 pm In Dairy Free,Gluten Free,How To,Recipes | 3 Comments
Sauteing summer squash…it has never worked well for me. I mean, it works…but not perfectly. I recently figured out that if I partially steam it before sauteing it…the results are quite tasty!
2 medium yellow squash, sliced ($2)
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp sugar ($.03)
1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the sliced squash into a skillet with the water, sugar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cover the squash for about 2-3 minutes, allowing the steam to begin cooking the squash.
3. Uncover the squash and stir with wooden spoon. Let the remaining water boil off and then saute the partially cooked squash for 3-4 minutes…or until begins to brown.
4. Once a few of the squash slices begin to brown, saute another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Serve warm as side dish.
Makes 6-8 side dish portions.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/steam-sauteed-yellow-summer-squash/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.