Sneaky chef concept here.
In a not-so-sneaky way!
This has become my “go to meal” lately…for those days when a curve ball gets thrown at me…and my brain can’t seem to form a coherent thought…much less a plan for dinner.
This meal is a one pot meal. Starch, protein, veggies. All in one pot.
Easy to make, easy to clean up.
Even if it’s not so sneaky. It’s still easy.
Oh…and I imagine that we’ll be eating this often…with the spinach harvest that’s coming our way. More on that tomorrow!
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles ($.50) After sale and coupon
- 1 lb. ground chuck ($1.69)
- 1/2 onion, chopped ($.10)
- 1 jar Classico pasta sauce ($.99) After sale, store promotion and coupon
- 1 box frozen spinach ($.50) After sale and coupon
- Cook pasta noodles according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef with chopped onion. Drain, rinse. Return to skillet. Add pasta sauce. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- While ground beef is browning, cook the spinach in the microwave as directed. Once cooked, drain off as much liquid as you can. Then stir into the meat sauce.
- Serve Spinach Spaghetti to the hungry masses.