- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Spinach and Bacon Frittata
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On June 18, 2009 @ 5:59 pm In Breakfast,Eggs,Recipes | 30 Comments
NOTE: Skillet is HOT when it comes out of the oven. Do NOT attempt to grab the handle without a hot pad. Not that I have personal experience
4 slices bacon, crumbled ($.83)
8 eggs ($.80)
1/4 cup milk ($.03)
1 tsp salt and pepper, each
1/2 onion, sliced into circles ($.15)
2 tsp olive oil ($.05)
about 3 cups spinach (free from garden)
1/2 – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ($.75)
6 pieces of bread ($.40)
2-3 Tbsp (dairy free) margarine ($.20)
3 bananas ($.20)
1. In bowl, whisk bacon crumbles, eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
2. In skillet, saute onions in 2 tsp olive oil.
3. Once brown, add a few tsp of water and cook another 1-2 minutes.
4. Add spinach and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, until it wilts.
5. Pour egg mixture over the spinach and onions.
6. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until…
7. Until the eggs have set around the edges.
8. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes.
9. Add shredded cheese to the top and bake another 1-2 minutes until cheese melts. (I omitted this, but this is how I’ve done it before!)
10. Serve with toast and bananas.
P.S. Yes, I was distracted by 2 screaming toddlers and was not paying attention when I grabbed the handle without a hot pad. I burned (first degree) all 4 fingers and part of my palm. I’m taking good care of it, under the supervison of my sister who is an MD! (So thankful she answered when I called!)
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/spinach-and-bacon-frittata/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.