Looking for something to grill this weekend…look no further!!!
I’ve been making all sorts of burgers this summer. As part of my quest to grill more. (‘Cause Girls Grill Too , you know!)
And this might just be my new favorite. I *think* I enjoyed it better that a Guac-Topped Burger. I *think*.
Here’s the deal. Make your favorite burger, and while it’s grilling, saute some onions with a “condiment sauce.” Give the “condiment sauce” some zing.
Your taste buds will thank you.
Spicy Onion Burgers
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 15-25 minutes
- Favorite burger or cheese burger
- Garden Tomato
- 1 onion, sliced into circles
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- Hot sauce
- Make your burger as you like it. Slice up that garden tomato. (Check out my big boy below!)
- To make the Spicy Onions: Add the sliced onions to a skillet and begin to cook over medium-low heat. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, ketchup and mustard. Add to the onions. Then add 1, or 2, or 9, drops of Tabasco or other smoking hot sauce. Zing!
- Serve Burgers with Spicy Onions on top! Double Zing!!