- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Spicy Bean and Cheese Tacos (or Tostadas)
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On May 25, 2010 @ 5:50 pm In Beans,Freezer Friendly,Lunch,Recipes,vegetarian | 14 Comments
2 words. Taco Cabana.
I sorta had a little Taco Cabana addiction when I was in high school. At lunch, we would race to see who could get off campus and down Nacogdoches to the closest T.C. and get their chips and queso order in first! First to the table won!!!
Bean and Cheese Tacos were always a fave then too. Today, I prefer them a bit spicier. These will kick up the spice factor a few notches.
Would be great for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Or perhaps even a midnight snack.
Spicy Bean and Cheese Tacos
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 to 15 minutes
- 8 soft taco size tortillas ($1)
- 1 – 15 ounce can of refried beans (or 2 cups homemade refried beans ) ($.99)
- 1 – 10 ounce can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, well drained ($.20)
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese ($.75)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the refried beans and the Rotel diced tomatoes. Note: if you don’t drain the tomatoes well, the beans won’t be very thick.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lay the tortillas out on a baking sheet.
- Spoon the tomato-beans mixture over the tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Add lots of cheese if you like.
- (If you want to freeze these, now would be the time to do that. Roll and place in plastic freezer baggie, then freeze.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 15 minutes. 5 minutes to melt the cheese and still be able to roll up the tortilla. Or 15 minutes if you want more of a tostada/crispy tortilla.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/spicy-bean-and-cheese-tacos/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 homemade refried beans: http://www.5dollardinners.com/slow-cooker-refried-beans-fat-free-gluten-free-create-your-own-spice-level/
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.