Little guys LOVE spaghetti! Always a kid favorite…pssssghetti!
So I had a cucumber that I needed to use up, as we will be out of town for the holiday weekend! Since I don’t prefer cucumbers by themselves, I threw on some sour cream “sauce” to make it a bit tastier. I also love to soak them in balsamic vinegar! Normally we eat broccoli or green beans with our pssssghetti!
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- Handful of spaghetti noodles ($.35)
- 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce (I’m planning on starting homemade soon…) ($.66)
- 1/2 lb ground beef (save other half for tacos next week…) ($.85)
- 1/2 green pepper ($.50)
- 1 cucumber, sliced ($.67)
- 1/2 cup “chives” sour cream, diluted with 1/4 c milk ($.25)
- 1 clove garlic ($.05)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles. Brown ground beef. Drain and add spaghetti sauce. Add in green pepper. Simmer under ready to serve.
- Whisk sour cream with milk, add garlic, salt & pepper, to taste. Pour over cukes and let sit for a bit in fridge to let flavors “mingle”!
Pick green peppers out of 3 year old’s spaghetti! Note to self…next time, put green peppers in the chopper/grinder to make them less visible in the sauce! I have been known to hide MANY a veggie in spaghetti sauce! I failed, however, tonight! Like the cuke, I needed to use up the leftover pepper before leaving town!
Cost $3.33 (with just the right amount for lunch leftovers!)