1 16 oz container fat free sour cream ($.88)
1 can of green chiles ($.68)
1-2 cups homemade chicken stock (free)
about 1 1/2 cups of shredded chicken ($1.50)
1/2 tsp garlic powder ($.05)
Salt/Pepper, to taste
10 flour tortillas ($1.14)
1-2 cups shredded cheese ($.75-$1.50)
2 cups of frozen corn ($.44) On sale the other week for $.88/bag!
1. In large skillet, whisk sour cream, green chiles and 1 cup of chicken stock. Add more chicken stock until it comes to the consistency you want for your sauce. Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Before adding the cooked and shredded chicken, save 1 cup of the sour cream sauce.
3. Stir chicken into the sauce and let simmer about 10 minutes, allow flavors time to infuse.
4. Spoon sour cream chicken sauce into tortillas. Roll and place “seam down” into a baking dish. 10 enchiladas fit comfortably in a 9×13 dish.
5. Take the sour cream sauce that you removed and spread it over the tortillas.
6. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake about 15-20 minutes at 350.
7. Cook corn as directed on package instructions.
8. Serve Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas with Corn.
Cost $5.44 Plus enough for lunch tomorrow