Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low
- 1 cup cooked red and black beans (mixed) ($.30)
- 1/2 green pepper and 1/2 red pepper, chopped ($.75)
- 1/2 onion, chopped ($.30)
- 1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes ($.69)
- 1 small can tomato sauce ($.33)
- 1-2 cloves garlic ($.10)
- Chili Powder ($.59) or other favorite spicy spices
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese ($.42)
- 1 Zucchini, sliced ($.79)
- olive oil
- Add cooked beans and a little leftover bean juice or broth in slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices, peppers, garlic, onion. Set on high or low (depending on your timing, but it will come out fine either way!).
- Serve topped with shredded cheese.
- Saute sliced zucchini in extra virgin olive oil. And enjoy!