Notice that those are not the homemade wheat rolls from last night’s dinner! We ended up making PBJ sliders for lunch, using some homemade blueberry jam that a friend gave us for Christmas!
These intended-to-be sliders are more like sandwiches.
Whatever bread will work. And whatever “title” will work too!
Just going with the flow!
I went for the reduced sourdough loaf that was in the top of the freezer.
Slice. Slice. Slice.
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Slider Sandwiches
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 4 to 6 hours on high
- 3 chicken breasts ($2.53) About 1.3 lbs, bought on sale for $1.89/lb.
- 1/2 onion, chopped ($.15)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed ($.10)
- 6 oz. can tomato paste ($.19) Used $1 coupon
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar ($.05)
- 3 Tbsp prepared mustard ($.10)
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar ($.10)
- Bread ($.70)
- Lettuce (Free)
- Dressing ($.25)
- Place 3 chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker.
- In small bowl, whisk together the tomato paste plus 2 cans worth of water, the cider vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar. Add a little salt and pepper is you wish. Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic to the sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts. Set slow cooker to high and cook for 4-6 hours.
- When chicken is finished in the slow cooker, scoop it out into a bowl and using 2 forks, “pull it” apart.
- Once “pulled”…
- Saucify. Scoop some sauce from the slow cooker and add until reaches your desired ‘sauciness.’
- Slice bread. Place saucified pulled chicken onto bread.
- Serve Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Side Salad.