- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Recipe for Slow Cooker Orange-Cranberry Pork Roast & The Meals I’m Leaving Behind…
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On October 18, 2011 @ 4:00 pm In batch cooking,Freezer Friendly,Recipes,Slow Cooker | 7 Comments
So I’m gone almost 6 full days this week. A new record for me!
In an attempt to keep my guys from having to go out to eat every night while I’m gone, I’ve put together some meal options for them.
I’m leaving spaghetti for them to have tonight. And here’s what I’ve left for the rest of the week. (I even organized it neatly into the freezer door to make things even easier for our sitter and for my husband, as he plays Mr. Mom while I’m gone.
So now my husband’s job as Mr. Mom will hopefully be a little easier while I’m away!
Slow Cooker Orange-Cranberry Pork Roast
Yield – 6-8 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker minutes
- 1.5 – 2 lb. pork roast or tenderloin ($3.49)
- 1 15 oz. can cranberry sauce (or homemade cranberry sauce) ($.59)
- Zest and juice from 1 orange ($.33)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ($.05)
- Dash nutmeg and cloves ($.02)
- Salt and pepper
- Steamers broccoli ($1.25)
- 1 cup brown rice ($.40)
- Place the pork roast in the base of a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cranberry sauce, juice and zest from the orange, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Pour over the roast in the slow cooker.
- Prepare broccoli or other vegetables.
- Prepare brown rice as directed.
- Serve Orange-Cranberry Pork Roast with broccoli and rice.
Cost $6.13 (and serves 6-8!)
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/slow-cooker-orange-cranberry-pork-roast/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Chicken Curry: http://www.onedishdinners.com/2011/10/slow-cooker-sweet-potato-and-chicken-curry.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.