- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On October 24, 2011 @ 5:30 pm In chicken,Recipes,Slow Cooker | 20 Comments
This is me…being lazy.
I’ve been wanting to make some orange chicken for a while…recently had a conversation with a friend about it…and couldn’t put it off any longer. She shared a recipe with me and we decided that it would work with frozen vegetables too.
And the result was lovely fake-out take-out meal.
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
Inspired by Orange Chicken in a Crock Pot 
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs) ($2.82)
- 8 oz. OJ concentrate ($1.34)
- 1 12 oz. package stir-fry vegetable mix ($.80)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar ($.05)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger ($.10)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder ($.05)
- 1-2 teaspoons corn starch ($.05)
- Noodles or brown rice ($.40 – $.50)
- Crushed red pepper, optional
- Cut up the chicken into bite size pieces.
- In the base of the slow cooker, whisk together the OJ concentrate and the brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder. Stir in the chicken pieces and vegetables into the sauce.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Just before serving, whisk in the cornstarch into the sauce. Let sit for 10 minutes with the slow cooker on warm.
- Prepare noodles and brown rice.
- Serve Slow Cooker Orange Chicken over the rice or noodles with crushed red pepper.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/slow-cooker-orange-chicken-recipe/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Orange Chicken in a Crock Pot: http://www.examiner.com/frugal-living-in-buffalo/orange-chicken-the-crockpot
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.