Lately, I’ve been a bit addicted to slow cooker shredded chicken – and adding as many great and delicious flavors as possible. This Mango Salsa chicken is PHENOM-ENAL. It’s the perfect about of sweet and spicy, thanks to the salsa and fresh mango.
Let it slow cook the day away, then you just shred the chicken with 2 forks and spoon it all into flour or corn tortillas, taco shells, or onto a pile of rice. YUMMMMM-ilicious!
Also, I love to do half and half of white and dark meat chicken when I make shredded chicken like this. For 4 servings, you’ll need 1 or 2 chicken breasts (depending on their ounces) and 4 chicken thighs. I also recommend doubling up on this and making enough for a second meal – you could “repurpose” this shredded chicken for soup, enchiladas, haystacks…or just have more tacos!
Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ripe mangoes, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped cilantro; as optional garnish
- 1 cup brown rice or serve as tacos in corn tortillas
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Add the chicken breasts, sliced mango, salsa, salt and pepper to slow cooker. Add 1/2 cup of water and set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Cook rice, as directed on package, if using.
- Prepare veggies.
- Prepare optional garnish.
- Serve Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Chicken topped with optional cilantro over rice with veggies or as tacos in corn tortillas.
- To Freeze: add chicken breasts, sliced mango, salsa and salt and pepper to plastic freezer baggie. Thaw in bowl of water and slow cook as directed.
Pin all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for FreezEasy Meal Supplies:
- Freezer Bags, gallon size
- Freezer Bags, 2 gallon size
- Disposable 9×5 Loaf Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer Safe/Oven Safe Loaf Pans
- Disposable 9×13 Aluminum Foil Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer/Oven Safe 9×13 Pan (I’d recommend using a baking sheet with this one when cooking!)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Melamine Mixing Bowls with pouring spout, 3 ct. set (3 qt., 2 qt., and 1 1/2 qt.)
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
See all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #65.