- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On April 4, 2011 @ 6:49 pm In chicken,Recipes,Slow Cooker | 18 Comments
This was one of those meals that sorta came together and ended up “balancing” perfectly. I started out with chicken and pineapple in the slow cooker. Then as dinnertime drew closer, I decided that rice would be a nice complement, and found a side of the red cabbage apple slaw  in the fridge! (How to Shred Cabbage  here.)
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs ($2.27) On sale for $1/lb
- 6-8 slices canned pineapple, plus 1/2 cup of juice ($.75)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ($.02)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper ($.02)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup brown rice and 1/2 cup rice blend, or 1 1/2 cup rice ($.80)
- Red Cabbage Apple Slaw  ($.75-ish)
- Place the chicken thighs in the base of the slow cooker. Top with the the pineapple slices and add some of the juice from the can into the slow cooker. Sprinkle the cinnamon and crushed red pepper over top.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Before dinner, cook the rice as directed on the package.
- Serve with side of vegetables. Any will do!
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here . To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/slow-cooker-hawaiian-chicken/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 red cabbage apple slaw: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/03/shredded-beef-sandwiches-red-cabbage-apple-slaw.html
 How to Shred Cabbage: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/03/shred-cabbage-kitchen-shortcut-photo-contest.html
 here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/01/5-dinner-challenge.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.