- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On April 4, 2011 @ 6:49 pm In chicken,Recipes,rice,Slow Cooker | 18 Comments
This was one of those meals that sorta came together and ended up “balancing” perfectly. I started out with chicken and pineapple in the slow cooker. Then as dinnertime drew closer, I decided that rice would be a nice complement, and found a side of the red cabbage apple slaw  in the fridge! (How to Shred Cabbage  here.)
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs ($2.27) On sale for $1/lb
- 6-8 slices canned pineapple, plus 1/2 cup of juice ($.75)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ($.02)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper ($.02)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup brown rice and 1/2 cup rice blend, or 1 1/2 cup rice ($.80)
- Red Cabbage Apple Slaw  ($.75-ish)
- Place the chicken thighs in the base of the slow cooker. Top with the the pineapple slices and add some of the juice from the can into the slow cooker. Sprinkle the cinnamon and crushed red pepper over top.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Before dinner, cook the rice as directed on the package.
- Serve with side of vegetables. Any will do!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/slow-cooker-hawaiian-chicken/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 red cabbage apple slaw: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/03/shredded-beef-sandwiches-red-cabbage-apple-slaw.html
 How to Shred Cabbage: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/03/shred-cabbage-kitchen-shortcut-photo-contest.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.