Yes, only 3 ingredients.
If you don’t count the ice cream or whipped cream that you could add to the top.
To all my friends that we’ll BBQ with this summer, I’ll be bringing this every time. 🙂
2 cans of cherry pie filling.
(I used 2 cans because I used my slow cooker is a 7 qt. Even in my 6 qt, I’d use 2 cans. I’d probably use 1 can for 4 or 5 qt. size.)
Make a crumbly mess with cake mix and butter.
Use some forks or a pastry blender if you have one.
Layer it right onto the cherries.
Slow cook to crispy topping perfection.
Spoon out and serve. And good luck not having a second helping. 😛
Slow Cooker Cherry Cake
Yield – 6-8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 3 hours on low
- 2 – 20 oz. cans cherry pie filling
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream topping, optional
- Spray the insert of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the cans of cherry pie filling into the base of the slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss together the white cake mix and melted butter, until crumbly dough forms. Pour the dough over top of the cherry filling in the slow cooker.
- Set on low and cook for 3 hours.
- Serve Slow Cooker Cherry Cake with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream topping.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Slow Cooker Supplies:
- Crockpot 6 quart Programmable Touch Screen ~ Great price for great slow cooker!
- All Clad 7 qt ~ A great slow cooker with a cast aluminum insert that can brown meat on the stove top and then go straight into the slow cooker. One dish dinner!
- Crockpot 6 quart programmable ~ Slow Cooker with WeMo, a free smartphone app.
- Instant Pot, 6 qt ~ reasonably priced instant pot, if time = money, then you need this in your kitchen.
- Slow Cooker Liners ~ because less mess equals more fun in the summer sun!
See all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals