THIS MEAL. This might just be the “perfect freezer to slow cooker meal.” It’s sweet, it’s tangy, it cooks perfectly.
It’s tangy, with a touch of sweet. It’s loaded with flavor and nutrients. All the ingredients hold up beautifully being frozen together and you will be the hero at the dinner table serving this one to your family.
(And if you forget to take it out of the freezer in time and need to make it in the Dutch oven…like I did the time I was taking the photo…then you can still have an amazing meal!)
I like to serve this over rice or with a salad. Such a delicious, simple “don’t have to worry about dinner” kind of dinner! Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Caribbean Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper
- Dinner rolls or rice, as side dish
- Place the chicken breasts into the base of the slow cooker with 1/2 cup of water. (I like to add water to the slow cooker when using BBQ sauce to keep the sauce from burning on the edges of the slow cooker insert.)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the BBQ sauce and juices from the can of pineapple. Pour over the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Top with the pineapple chunks and bell pepper pieces. Sprinkle in a little salt and pepper.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Prepare rice or dinner rolls as sides.
- Serve Slow Cooker Caribbean Chicken with side of rolls or rice.
Pin all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for FreezEasy Meal Supplies:
- Freezer Bags, gallon size
- Freezer Bags, 2 gallon size
- Disposable 9×5 Loaf Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer Safe/Oven Safe Loaf Pans
- Disposable 9×13 Aluminum Foil Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer/Oven Safe 9×13 Pan (I’d recommend using a baking sheet with this one when cooking!)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Melamine Mixing Bowls with pouring spout, 3 ct. set (3 qt., 2 qt., and 1 1/2 qt.)
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
See all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #26.