Takes 10 minutes to brown the beef.
In that 10 minutes, you can get everything else ready for the soup.
And then 6.5 hours later, your meal is ready!
So simple, so quick, so delicious!!!
(For when you’re tired of turkey and you need some beef!)
Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Soup
- 1.25 lb. ground chuck ($2.23) On sale for $1.79/lb
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped ($.15)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed ($.20)
- 2 cups homemade or store bought beef broth (free to $1)
- 4 cups water
- About 1 cup chopped carrots ($.50) I would have used whole carrots, but I had about 1 cup of baby carrots, so I cut them up!
- 1 15 oz can peas, drained ($.50)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained ($.29)
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings ($.05)
- 3 cups rotini pasta ($.25) Used $.50/box pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion and crushed garlic. Drain and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the beef broth, water, chopped carrots, peas, diced tomatoes and Italian seasonings. Set on high and cook for 6 hours.
- Once it clicks to the warm setting, it will be ready to add the pasta. Add the pasta about 40 minutes before you’re ready to eat. Keep the slow cooker on warm while the pasta “cooks,” rather absorbs the water.
- Do not. I repeat. Do NOT. add the pasta at the start. It will turn into a nasty mushy mess.
- Serve Beef and Vegetable Slow Cooker Soup.