I think the name here just speaks for itself.
It really does taste like a bacon cheeseburger. In chili form.
This chili will get rave reviews when you serve it for dinner, or set it out for your football watching party!
I wish I could offer you a spoon for you to reach through the screen for a bite.
Look for the special, no need to soak ahead of time Slow Cooker Bacon & Beans from HamBeens! Find them on the dry bean aisle.
And here’s the recipe!
Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Chili
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb. bag HamBeens Slow Cooker Bacon & Beans (pictured above)
- 4 cups beef or chicken broth & 3 cups water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups whole milk or heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic. Drain.
- To the slow cooker, add the ground beef, dry beans, and 4 cups broth with 3 cups of water. Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Once done cooking, stir in 1 cup of cheese and 2 cups whole milk or heavy cream to the chili in the slow cooker.
- Cook and crumble the bacon and serve as garnish with the other half of the shredded cheese.
- Serve Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Chili with some veggies or side salad.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Chili, Soup & Stew Supplies:
- 6 qt. Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 12 qt Large Nonstick Stockpot
- 6.5 qt. Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker
- Stainless Steel Soup Ladle (dishwasher safe!)
- 4 piece Stoneware Soup Bowl Set
See all of our 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Hurst Beans and their Hambeens 15 Bean Soup Mix. Recipe and opinions are my own.