- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On November 3, 2009 @ 7:00 pm In chicken,Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Recipes,rice,Slow Cooker | 7 Comments
I found a jar of apricot preserves in my pantry. And there’s not a better way to use it up than this!
I used the Apricot Chicken recipe from the Make it Fast, Cook it Slow  Cookbook!
3 large or 4 small chicken breasts ($2.57)
About 2/3 cup apricot preserves ($.75)
1 tsp dried minced onion flakes ($.05)
1 Tbsp dijon mustard ($.05)
1 Tbsp soy sauce ($.05)
1/4 tsp ginger ($.02)
1 cup white rice ($.20)
1 small spaghetti squash (about 2 lbs.) ($1.03)
Butter and brown sugar/honey ($.20)
1. Place chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker.
2. In small bowl, stir together the apricot preserves, onion flakes, dijon mustard, soy sauce, and ginger. Pour over the chicken. Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.
3. About an hour before dinner, bake the spaghetti squash, just as you would bake a butternut squash . Scrape out the flesh and combine with butter and brown sugar or honey.
4. In small saucepan, add 2 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Add 1 cup white rice, and return water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
5. Serve Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken with Sweet Spaghetti Squash and Rice.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/slow-cooker-apricot-chicke/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Make it Fast, Cook it Slow: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1401310044?ie=UTF8&tag=totatogejour-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1401310044
 bake a butternut squash: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/09/how-to-bake-butternut-squash.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.