I couldn’t host a 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes without including my Skillet Cornbread recipe. While it’s not a dinner in and of itself, you could make it while a pot of chili simmers on the stovetop!
My cornbread has a secret ingredient that keeps it super moist as it bakes in the skillet. Also, if you like your cornbread sweet…add a couple extra tablespoons of sugar to the batter.
And baking it in the cast iron skillet will help the edges be nice and crispy, while the center is perfectly moist and delicious because of the way that the heat is distributed by the cast iron.
You’ve got to try my skillet cornbread next time you make a batch of chili!
Recommended Skillet Dinner Supplies:
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. Sauté Pan & Cover – this is the pan I personally use!
- Pre-Seasoned 12 inch Cast Iron Skillet from Emeril by All-Clad – this is a really great cast iron skillet that won’t break the bank!
- Silicone Hot Handle Holder – you’ll want one of these (or something like it) if your skillet is going in the oven!
- Find even more skillet recipes in my One Dish Dinners cookbook
Keep up with & pin all of our Skillet Dinner Recipes on Pinterest!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes