- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Merissa’s Simple Meatballs
Posted By Merissa On October 24, 2013 @ 5:00 pm In Beef,Pasta,Recipes,rice | No Comments
Here’s a great quick and easy recipe for Simple Meatballs! The reason this recipe is excellent is because it uses so few ingredients and it’s easy to fit into a special diet such as paleo or a gluten free diet.
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth (or homemade chicken broth )
- additional spices as desired
- 1-2 tsp corn starch (can be corn or potato starch)
- Serve with rice or pasta
- In a large bowl, mix together the raw hamburger, oats, and minced onion. Add in additional spices if desired for special flavors.
- Form the meat mixture into balls and place in an 8×8 baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until the meatballs are done on the inside.
- While the meatballs are cooking, cook your rice or pasta. You will also want to cook your gravy during this time.
- For the gravy, add the broth to a saucepan and stir in a bit of salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add about a teaspoon of starch to a small bowl and mix with water to make a thick liquid. Add to the broth and stir while adding. Let boil gently, stirring frequently until desired consistency is reached.
- To finish, put your meatballs on top of the pasta or rice and top with gravy.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/simple-meatballs/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 homemade chicken broth: http://www.5dollardinners.com/how-to-cook-a-whole-chicken/
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.