So it turns out there is a Meijer not far from the gym that I frequent. What do you know?
It only took me a year and a half to figure out that if I take another way home, I can stop into Meijer for a few groceries and still be home in plenty of time to get my middle son on the bus for preschool. I’m usually very good with maps, but I’m not familiar with that area of town (obviously!)…and just didn’t connect how close they were to each other.
(So now I don’t have to go too far out of my way when there’s a great sale at Meijer.)
This week I decided to stop in because of the great coupon matchups for some of our favorite products…and because of all the great produce included in the Buy 10, Get 11th Free promotion.
- 4 boxes of Chex cereal for $6.50 (used 2 $1.75/2 coupons)
- 3 boxes of Green Giant veggies for $.67 each ($1 sale, used $.60/3 newspaper coupon, doubled to $1)
- $1 English muffins, whole wheat
- $1 baby carrots
- 2 $1 3-lb. bags red potatoes
- $1 lettuce
- $1 red pepper
- $1 cucumber
- $2.50 carving board delimeat (used 2 $1/2 coupons)
Total spent at Meijer: $25.50
And then there’s the mega event sale at Kroger that also had some great coupon matchups on some of our favorites too!
- 4 boxes $.49 Mom’s Best Naturals (coupon)
- $.14 Hunt’s tomato sauce (coupon)
- $.25 Hunt’s diced tomatoes (coupon, also used newspaper coupon)
- $1.19 Garden of Eatin’ chips (this week’s newspaper coupon)
- $1.49 Trop50 orange juice (Facebook coupon)
- $1.50 strawberries
- $.99 avocados
- $.79/lb sweet potatoes
- 2 packages delimeat (used $1/2 coupon)
Total spent at Kroger: $44.00
Total for the week: $70.50
Total for the month: $238.21 + $70.50 = $308.71 (Yay! Finally within our $80/week budget for this month!)
Thanks to Andrea at Savings Lifestyle and Marcy at Stretching a Buck for posting the best deals and coupon matchups at my stores each week! Find the coupon match-ups for your grocery store at The Frugal Map!