- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Sharon’s Vegetarian Tacos
Posted By Sharon On September 15, 2011 @ 6:34 pm In Recipes,vegetarian | 1 Comment
Several years ago, while I was being treated for cancer, I had to come up with recipes that were vegetarian. I created this recipe because I knew it would be fun for my children to eat, and also nutritious. The shredded carrots replace shredded cheese so we didn’t feel like we were going without!
Yield - 6 servings
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 7 minutes
- 1 Box of Taco Shells (12 count) $1.59
- 2 (15 oz.) cans of Sweet Peas ($1.39 each) $2.78
- 6 Organic Carrots $1.00
- 1 (32 oz.) can of Tomato Sauce $1.00
- Warm tomato sauce in a pan on the stove top.
- Drain water out of the cans of peas. Add the peas to the tomato sauce. Simmer to keep warm.
- Heat Taco shells in the oven for around 7 minutes, according to package directions.
- Use a grater to shred carrots into a bowl.
- To serve – fill taco shell with approximately 2 to 3 Tablespoons of the peas/mixture. Top with 2 to 3 teaspoons of shredded carrots.
- Serve 2 tacos per person.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/sharons-vegetarian-tacos/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.